Monday, April 19, 2010

I guess this African Time thing is starting to get to me

I should begin by apologizing for my absence--I have been in Kenya amassing much fodder for the blogging cannon. Expect some posts to come about my trip.

I am sitting in an internet cafe in Nairobi at the moment, which has particularly sticky keyboards. This seems to be the norm here in Kenya, and I think it is kept this way to discourage political blogging,or perhaps locals just enjoy taking sugary drinks while they surf. I have found myself typing like I did in high school: two index fingers, hovered directly above the keyboard and perfectly straight, pressing with the ferocity of a concert pianist opening Beethoven's 5th.  I think the people in the internet cafe are starting to wonder if I have some dexterity issues that require medication, so let me leave you for the time being. I shall return shortly with stories from Kenya, which include: arrests, stepping on freshly chewed gum on multiple occasions, buying the board of governors at a radio station lunch, and meeting a long lost neighbor from Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment