Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pictures from Entebbe (wow, Joel, what a creative title)

The Entebbe Country Club. Despite Tiger's popularity, golf is still slow to catch on here in Uganda
Entebbe Botanical Gardens
I believe this white flower is called a tiger lily, but don't ask me for any more details on Ugandan flora, I just like the picture
Towering yucca plant growing tall in front of a backdrop of suffocating curtain vines
Someone, I believe it was my usually reliable Field Director Luke, once told me that Lake Victoria fishermen have one of the highest AIDS prevalence rates, hovering around an astonishing 80 percent

Man swimming in Lake Victoria. Apparently there is an otter species living in the waters here that penalizes men from swimming naked at night by biting off their members


Hey Bush, where is your African plane with your picture on it?


Acting like a responsible, mature adult in front of my sister

That flag says "Next Adventure" on it after the sporting goods store in Portland. Think the'll send me a free kayak?


Wonderful old colonial administrative building in residential Entebbe, now called home by who knows how many squatters. At least the colonists did something positive for the Africans

1 comment:

  1. joel, love the blog keep it coming. your prose is like sweet buttery velvet. keep those pictures coming too.

    ReplyDelete